Ingredients for Okra with Sun Dried Tomatoes:
600 grams okra
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 – 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 fresh ripe tomatoes peeled or 1 can (500 grams) whole tomatoes, blended
10 sundried tomatoes
1 tablespoon vinegar (and extra vinegar to sprinkle if using fresh okra)
½ cup parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cups water
1. Peel stem of okra but do no cut it all off. Dip it in salt and when done sprinkle okra with wine vinegar. Set aside (for about 1 hour, preferably in a sunny spot, if possible, while you prepare the rest. Wash and drain.
2. (If using frozen okra skip the above step).
3. Heat the olive oil in a sautéing pan and sauté the onion and the garlic until translucent.
4. Add the okra and sauté as well for 3 - 4 minutes.
5. In a food processor blend the tomatoes together with the sun dried tomatoes and add to the okra.
6. Mix in the parsley and dill and season with salt and pepper and finally add the vinegar and the water.
7. Bring to a boil, cover sautéing pan and cook for about 30 minutes or until okra is tender.